Saturday, February 10, 2007

Updates for week of Feb 5th

This is the second week of classes. And it is a generally good week. =) Went to talk to a professor about doing a third rotation and people in his lab seem to enjoy working in his lab. =) I also talked to the professor that I am currently doing rotation with and we set up a ending time for this rotation. hehe.. if everything works out. I can start looking for tix to come back to Singapore!

And hopefully i can find a lab to go into before summer.

Statistical mechanics course was very interesting this week. The derivation for canonical ensemble is different from the one that I learnt in Cornell. But I think this derivation is much more meaningful. The Ergodic hypothesis is introduced and I finally understand why there is the need to construct the ensemble.

Oh well, that is it for now.
Hmm.. I am starting to feel that I am married to work. Haha.. everytime someone asks me what is going on with my life, I feel that I have nothing to say other than.. what I did in lab and whether classes are interesting. Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home