Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Micropipette Puller and Programmable Pressure Injector

Hihi,

today is quite an interesting day, considering how bored I had been for the past few days.

Today I learn how to use a micropipette puller. It is really simple actually since everything is already programmed into the machine. Anyway what it does is that it heats up a glass rod at the center and pull the glass rod after heating so as to get a sharp tip at the end of the glass rod. The program that I am using today can create a tip of about 1 micron in diameter. Cool right? All thanks to my Shixiong who taught me how to use the machine.

Xueli is counting cells again today. But she seems to be having some problems with focusing on the cells. Dunno what is going on.

Oh... I also played with the Pressure injector today using the glass micropipette. It is really hard. Heard from the machine guy that the vendor came down 4 times and still cannot figure out how to use the machine.
Manage to get the machine to work a bit but kept breaking the micropipette tip. Furthermore, there is also a leaking (water) current issue even when I switched the balance pressure to zero. Think I need to read the user manual again. =((

There is going to be a director's meeting later. Wondering what he is doing to say. KPI? Hmmm... dunno leh.

2 Comments:

Blogger accumaximum said...

Hello I like your information,
Micropipettes: These are very useful when samples need to be measurement specific.
Pipette

1:34 AM  
Blogger accumaximum said...

Very innovative of you. These products have also found extensive use in the field of molecular biology.

Micropipette

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home