Thursday, November 03, 2005

People who understand me

I was just wondering whether it is hard for people to understand me. This is with the assumption that people wants to understand me or try to understand me. Act. I feel that family members are often those who try to understand each other the least although they care the most. So mebe understanding is not really important. Haha.

Okie. back to the main point. There are a few people who said things about me that coses me to feel that they understand me a bit lah.

1st person:
JY.
really? Actually she always says that it is hard to understand me and I feel that every time she uses her logic to try to understand my logic then all logics fail.
Haha... but despite all that she did say something about me that I found rather enlightening.
She said that "when I am angry(sad, frustrated, unhappy, worried) and complaining and telling people why i am angry and what is causing me to be angry, then i am not really angry. I am just talking basically. "
I am really angry(sad, frustrated, unhappy) when I just dun say a single thing.
Actually though what she said seems to make perfect sense to most people and feel natural too, I nv know that this is the case and I nv know that is how to tell whether i am really angry(sad) or not.

2nd person:
SY.
Hmm.. basically he said something similar to jy in a different way. There is once I was complaining to him about work and sort of expecting him to console me. He did not seem to care and kept on watching tv. When I finally asked him whether he did not seem to care, his reply was "aiyah, everytime u ask me for advice, I will advise and console u only to find that you have everything sorted up in your mind liao."
hmmm.... does this mean that if i can start to talk, my problem will be solve liao?

3rd person:
This person is from the distant past.
He is less of a thinking person than JY and SY lah. Much less. What he learns about me is purely from empirical results meaning just looking at my reaction to situations. Anyway I was really impressed by how much he can predict my response just by observation. Haha.. he must have been a disciple of Aristotle.

Okie. End of list.
JC frens, secondary school frens??
I think Huihua must had understand me a lot although I did not understand her.

Okie. I guess the main point is not for people to understand you but to try to understand yourself. So I will try hard to understand myself better.
Seriously I dun understand myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Azzurra said...

Hahaha don't worry about it. Understanding too much about yourself is torturous. 难得糊涂啦。For me, I feel self-understanding is about achieving the purpose of not getting "startled" by other people's judgements. Okok I know you are going to say you don't know what I'm talking about already. Actually most of the time when you say you don't, you do.

SIGH despite all the caution I've practised I still left something behind in the previous hotel. !#@#$%

12:16 AM  
Blogger ruizhen said...

"For me, I feel self-understanding is about achieving the purpose of not getting "startled" by other people's judgements. "

Haha.. actually I do agree that this is a very important quality to have. But I would name it more as self acceptance.

"Okok I know you are going to say you don't know what I'm talking about already. Actually most of the time when you say you don't, you do."

Haha... hmm.. mebe you really understand me more than I know.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home