Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Life@Harvard

Hey folks!! Today is my fourth day in Cambridge, MA 02138.

Let me tell u all more about life here.
Cambridge is just one river away from Boston, which is of course as everyone knows, a major busy American city. Transport between Cambridge and Boston is very convenient as they are linked by the subway system. The subway is like the mrt in Singapore. In Boston, the subway is known as the T. So for those who likes shopping and have th money to spare, i think staying in harvard will be like heaven to them. For me, I guess the main attraction in Boston has to be its chinatown. I already have plans to go there to get roast duck every week. Haha.

So... life in harvard cannot be all good right? Haha.. of course not. I think the high standard of living is already driving me nuts. Each meal costs at least 5 bucks without the drink and I can't seem to find Macdonalds anywhere. There is this sandwich chain that is like everywhere in Cambridge. It is called au bon pain. (does it mean I born pain?) Hmm... more like I pay the food with pain. haha... anyway, the wraps at au bon pain are quite good. I tried the Chicken Caesar Wrap and the Southwestern Tuna Wrap and they are both pretty good. I got a menu and I am going to try all the sandwiches!

Breakfast is always hard... dunno what to eat. Presently, oatmeal is my breakfast essential. I was eating oatmeal and feeling so bored that I went to goggle on oatmeal. I found out that in England, oat is the food for horses. Hmmm... and it is thought that only poor people eat oat. Hmm.. so if horses eat oats, I am assuming that my Mian Mian, Yang Yang, Moo Moo and Eeyore will like it too. Haha... So i guess oatmeal is breakfast food for my whole family. =P

Okie.. will talk more about life here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainne said...

Yoz gal!
Those food u named all sounded interesting! The roast duck very nice ah?
Hope u are getting on well there! My maiden comment here i tink.. hee Take care yah? Cheers

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home