Friday, September 08, 2006

Tour at medical school

I must say I was impressed. If you have been to the mall at washington D.C. and liked it, you will definitely like the medical school as well. The medical school is like half of the mall with smaller buildings. There are buildings on two sides of the grass patch. The grass is well taken care of and you can see students reading on the grass or on tables at the side of the grass patch. Some of the buildings are roman style and really give this strong and solid feeling. At the end of the medical school is this building with many little steps and reminded me a lot of Lincoln Memorial.

During lunch, you will see medical students wearing their blue and white lab coats sitting around eating their food. They are really dressed like those doctors that you see in "chicago hope". Actually I never quite understand why they can just wear their coats around. I thought there will be some contamination issues or stuff. But I guess it is really cool to see them around like that.

Anyway, I think Harvard is a place with really tight security. There is a security guard at all the buildings in the medical school and I have to show them a photo ID in order to get into the buildings. Luckily I had my learner's permit with me. The other alternative is to carry my passport around which is really irritating.

I was looking for food around the medical school and found this salad bar in the cafe in Building C. For the salad bar, the food are charged by weight. I think I should have taken more chicken and tuna instead of the marcoroni. But oh well, I was glad that I finally see something that looks more nutritious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home