Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A name for myself??

Hmm.. having been practising e act of giving names to my softtoy for the past 15 years or so... it is hard to imagine that now I may actually need to give a name to myself.

Hmm.. I think ruizhen is just too hard for not only an average american but also for advanced american.

Sigh.. so mebe i will give myself another name. This really feel strange cos people can give names to things and pets but usually not themselves.

So.. what should I be named?

Please give me some suggestions on names or just anything that will help.

I have thought of three options
Either I will ask them to call me Rachel (which is the most similar english name to Rui Zhen)
Or get them to call me Zen... which is the american way of pronouning Zhen
Or just get them to call me Tan. Which is my last name.

I kind of feel bad about all e above names.. cos they are names of people I know!!

Haha.. feel like I have stolen their property rights or something. =P
Anyway, have fun, everybody!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rainne said...

Hey! The first name that comes into my mind was Rachael too! Or how bout exotic ones like Zan or Rain? Heez. I'm reading a book now and one of the beautiful lead charactor goes by the name of Devlin, think it sounds sophisticated.

Well, guess u'll need a name that you really like and can connect with it, as u may have to live with it for the rest of ur life. =)

Cheers
Xiubin~

8:13 AM  
Blogger qdc said...

How about just Rui... There was a Taiwanese faculty member at Cornell called Rey-Huei Chen, who's now back in Taiwan. http://www.imb.sinica.edu.tw/~rhchen/ I think all the American profs called her Rey.

8:02 PM  
Blogger wispie said...

hey guess wat i was juz thinking bout this a few days back.. was wondering wat the americans call you then tot a similar sounding name wld be Regine. (pronounced reegeen) but hmmm now tat i type it out it doesnt look very nice.. haa..plus actually i think rachel suits you better. anw, i do think getting a similar sounding name wld be better cuz tan is such a common surname..

oh well. cya on msn!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home