Sunday, April 01, 2007

Updates since 14th of March

So what did i do since March 14th till now?

Let me see..

1) I did a presentation for my second rotation lab summarizing what I did during my rotation. It was alright. Did not manage to answer every question but I guess it is still consider a pass. Haha.. with that presentation my second rotation officially ends on the 23rd of March.

2) Did my second Byakuren duty at NECC on the 24th of March. I was so tired that day as I did not sleep well the day before. Think I have this weird dream about going to japan to do my Byakuren duty. Haha.. i finally saw Connie. Hmm... and I realize that she is Andy's sister!! Wahaha... no wonder I think she looks familiar. =)

3) Started my third rotation on the 26th of March. Hopefully this will be my last rotation. Sigh.. still need to go through a lot of administrative stuff to get my MIT ID. So mafan... Rotation so far is not very productive. Hopefully more stuff will be done next week.

4) Attended Kosen Rufu meeting@ NECC on the 1st of April. I went with Andrea, Ivy and Helen to the meeting. Helen is a new guest and she is going to attend my district meeting in april. Hopefully she will enjoy the meeting and join my district. =P Looking forward to meet her again.

5) Oh.. the arts for peace concert is coming up on the 3rd of June. There are 6 different performance group: African drums, Arts and crafts, band, chorus, dance and drama. Hmmm... Ivy says that she is going to join the chorus. Mebe i will join the chorus with her but i wonder what they are going to sing. Hopefully not some very tough 18th- 19th century germanic or french song.. or something.. haha...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have no doubt you will do well in the chorus... regardless of what they choose to sing... i am sure you can handle Icelandic if need be. it's well within your abilities and hanging out with Ivy can only help.

African drums might be a good option though... after all, it's unlikely you'll get a chance to learn about it when you are back home... that's assuming you are going back home for good after harvard. i don't know how vibrant the African community is like in singapor but it's probably less likely you can learn African drum there.

guess my point is African drum is less common so it'll serve as a greater experience. Imagine 40 years down the road, you can tell your grand kids their grandma was once an African drummer and a pretty good one at that... (trying to make ends meet in USA... Hahaha)

Again, I must revert to Feynman... he was a drummer for a while... a Latin American congo drummer i think...

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home