Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Housing.... complaints.

First... I met a student working illegally. Okie.. i would not complain too much about her. Life is hard. She is just trying to maximise her coming over here. I told her to study hard and get a good job next time. But oh well, I decided that it is too risky to be her housemate.

The second one... a guy whose name is called Brave. Hmmm... mebe I will find a gal called Beauty next time. He wants to know my hobbies and to see my photograph. Hmmm.. how come he will only show me the apartment after seeing my photography?? That I will nv comprehend.

The third.... a woman who sleeps at 9.30 pm. She told me that cooking at 9 pm is noisy. Coming through the front door is noisy. So I promise to use the backdoor. But she still has to think about it.

Fourth.. a undergraduate student who said " I dun just want a housemate, I want someone who i can be friends with. Someone who I find cool things to talk about. Not someone so quiet."

Hmm... i wonder if i should be getting so much such things.

I am just getting a room how come people need to dissect my personality and social life until like that. I dun drink, I dun smoke, i dun have pets. I pay rent. Promise to help with cleaning. Dun mind coming thought the backdoor after 9.30... what else do u want me to do? I cannot cure you of your sleeping disorder.

Now I even have to be a friend. I need to be able to entertain you. I need to be able to add value to your life, to be able to talk to your friends when they come over. Oh my.. I even need to be a beauty.. I need to send my photo.

Hmmm.... I am just like anyone on the streets. I am responsible, neat and nice.
But I am not the beauty queen or the socializing machine.

8 Comments:

Blogger zrth said...

It was fun meeting up with you too. One word - never. I shall continue to shun Asia's obsession with Harvard. But should you go on to become world famous, offer me a job, will you? =P

10:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's really an interesting post. :) why do you want to move house?

12:36 AM  
Blogger ruizhen said...

My lease is ending May 31st. =)

Wish me good fortune!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck to all these people! They seem to be looking for the perfect housemate... which unfortunately, does not exist. Chances are, given their criteria and attitude, they will end up with someone who gives them hell. I think they are missing the point.

No booze, no party, no overnight guest, paying rent on time are by far the most critical characteristics of a good housemate, the rest are embellishments. They assume that these conditions are "given" when it clearly is not.

It's a bit like looking for a boyfriend... must be tall, rich, handsome etc. etc. when fidelity and loyalty are by far more important. A common assumption is that the guy satisfies the "given" characteristics when in fact he doesn't.

Having said these, I understand you are still looking for a place... just keep going... keep chanting about... you will find the right one. And be prepared to do the extraordinary... like door to door visits.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Boon Sim said...

amherst has said some wise words..

10:01 AM  
Blogger Yifan said...

hmmm... why not consider a studio then?

7:35 PM  
Blogger ruizhen said...

to malleus:
who are u huh?

to yifan:
cos i dun wanna spend 1200 bucks a month on my accomodations. =P
Not like the good old days in cornell.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Howsit going? Landed a place? Has any of the perfectionistic would-be housemates relented and realized what a good deal they are missing out?

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home